Workshops & Special Sessions
Introduction to Computational Science Resources and Tools
- Shawn T. Brown, Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center (PSC) and Carnegie Mellon University, USA
- Scott Lathrop, TeraGrid, USA
- Laura F. McGinnis, Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center (PSC), USA
- Robert M. Panoff, Shodor Education Foundation, Inc., USA
- Charlie Peck, Earlham College, USA
The participants in this full-day hands-on workshop will learn about existing models and simulations available across a range of science, technology, engineering and mathematics disciplines to engage students in interactive learning and scientific discovery. The participants will learn about resources they can directly apply in their classrooms. The participants will explore models that span a range of computing platforms from desktop level problem solving to high performance computing solutions. The participants will also receive information on how to access high-performance computing resources via TeraGrid for class accounts and research projects.
Date and Time
Tuesday, December 9, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.