Main Conference Sessions
myExperiment: Defining the Social Virtual Research Environment
- David De Roure, University of Southampton
- Carole Goble, University of Manchester
- Jiten Bhagat, University of Manchester
- Don Cruickshank, University of Southampton
- Antoon Goderis, University of Manchester
- Danius Michaelides, University of Southampton
- David Newman, University of Southampton
The myExperiment Virtual Research Environment supports the sharing of research objects used by scientists, such as scientific workflows. For researchers it is both a social infrastructure that encourages sharing and a platform for conducting research through familiar user interfaces. For developers it provides an open, extensible, and participative environment. We describe the design, implementation, and deployment of myExperiment and suggest that its four capabilities—research objects, social model, open environment, and actioning research—are necessary characteristics of an effective Virtual Research Environment for e-research and open science.
Date and Time
Wednesday, December 10, 2:15–2:45 p.m.